AUGUSTA, G.A. (WJBF) – A neighborhood girl is trying to take authorized motion after a laundromat hearth on East Boundary. It occurred on the Folks’s Coin laundry.
“This can be a dryer that we have now to make use of on this neighborhood, this isn’t okay, it’s unacceptable,” stated Garian Henry.
Garian Henry says she’s solely used the Folks’s Coin Laundry twice earlier than, however her most up-to-date go to resulted in her shedding most of her and her household’s garments.
“I introduced my garments over right here to the laundromat and I went dwelling to complete my essay up for varsity. So, then my daughter known as me and says the garments is burning up,” she stated.
Henry says she rushed again over to the Folks’s Coin Laundry and noticed her garments smoking within the dryer. She says at that time there was a tiny flame in the course of the dryer.
“So, I’m regular pulling out garments. The smoke had began attending to the purpose to the place we needed to exit the door they usually stated name 911 after which whoosh, flames simply began coming,” she stated.
Check out this video shot by Garian’s daughter. In response to an incident report from the Augusta Fireplace Division, a number of folks tried reaching out to the proprietor however nobody was in a position to.
Henry says, “I misplaced all my garments. I misplaced all my gadgets and those that we did save, had a extreme burn odor.
Then we needed to go to the emergency room, once I talked about that my 11-month-old needed to go, he’s nonetheless sick. My daughter and myself and I do know one other woman went. It was full of individuals, we needed to evacuate.”
NewsChannel 6 did attempt reaching out to the proprietor about this incident, however he was not accessible on the time to remark.
Henry is on the lookout for donations to switch her garments that have been destroyed. The hyperlink to donate beneath: