Sumter County will maintain an amnesty day for the gathering of family electronics and dangerous waste from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 9, at Lake Okahumpka Park, 6085 East State Highway 44 in Wildwood. The occasion is free for all Sumter County residents.
The next might be accepted on the occasion:
- Automotive fluids and batteries
- Propane Tanks (25 lbs)
- Family electronics (TVs, VCRs, computer systems, and so forth.)
- Rechargeable family batteries
- Latex & oil-based paints
- Smoke detectors
- Fluorescent lamps and Mercury-containing gadgets
- Paint removers and thinners
- Wooden Preservatives
- Fuel (outdated gasoline & outdated gasoline cans)
- Pool chemical substances
The next is not going to be accepted:
- Organic/Infectious waste
- Radioactive waste
- Empty paint cans
Listed here are some suggestions for packaging and transporting chemical substances:
- Do NOT combine chemical substances collectively.
- Hold merchandise in unique labeled containers if attainable.
- Place containers into cardboard packing containers to stop breakage.
- Place leaky container in clear plastic bag and transport in field with newspaper.
- Put packing containers in trunk or behind the car away from passengers.